This salad is where the detoxes come home to roost.
This is the Aston Martin of detox salads. The Novak Djokovic, Warren Buffet, the Barry Bonds, the James Brown, the Paul Rudd (what?) of detox salads.
A few months ago, I fell ass-over-teakettle for this Detox Salad with Lemon Dressing from Homemade Levity and have revisited it on numerous occasions. I’ve shown you detox-eriffic recipes a-plenty, but this one pretty much takes the cake (takes the kale?) when it comes to cleaning out the cobwebs.
The componentry of this salad has a stellar nutrient profile. Like if you stumbled upon it on match.com you’d be all “that’s the one.”
Kale, red cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, broccoli, and parsley are all very dense in Vitamins K, A, C, and B6, folate, and fiber. They are all full of anti-oxidants, help lower cholesterol, regulate your blood sugar, and are said to prevent disease. Walnuts add protein and additional antioxidants to the mix, and avocados provide the healthy fats to help your body absorb the nutrients from all the veggies. A lemon-mustard dressing seals the deal on this detox delight.
Basically, it’s all the good juju tossed together in a vibrant explosion of flavor and texture. Whether you’re in a constant detox/re-tox cycle or are just looking for a crisp, fresh salad, this one’s a hero in a half-shell.
If you’re loving all up on this detox salad, be sure to check out my newly-released kale cookbook, Let Them Eat Kale! It’s full of nutritious recipes that help cleanse your system and keep your body healthy and happy.
I’m sharing this Detox Kale Salad recipe over at Food Fanatic, so you can read more about it over there or get the recipe right here. Either way, do your detox.
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice, Fresh
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, Peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup, Optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, Or to taste
For the salad:
- 2 cups Dinosaur Kale, Tightly packed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups Red Cabbage, Thinly sliced
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 large Carrots, Peeled and grated
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced into matchsticks
- 2 Avocados, Peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing (or put everything in a small blender and blend) and set aside until ready to use.
- Add the kale, cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots to a large serving bowl.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is coated.
- Add the parsley, diced avocado, sesame seeds and walnuts and toss again.
- Serve as an entrée salad or as a side salad to your favorite meal.
Respectfully shared from http://www.theroastedroot.net