Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Chickpeas mashed with Greek yogurt and cheese are make a cool vegetarian alternative to chicken salad or egg salad. It also kind of tastes like hummus, but better.
Per one serving: 377 calories, 22 grams protein
Prep time: Total time:
This vegetarian Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich is light, easy to make, and has a bite!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup bleu cheese
- 1-2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, mash the chickpeas until they are mostly broken down. It’s okay to leave some whole.
- Serve on bread with some spinach or lettuce, on top of a bed of greens, or in a wrap. Enjoy!
Kindly shared from http://happyhealthymama.com/buffalo-chickpea-salad-sandwich.html